Saturday 22 November 2014

Disable and Enable Pen drive on a Computer:

disable pendrive from pc
Before telling this Trick, I tell a story. One day My best friend come on my room. and he want my some important software and data. He just insert his pendrive and copy data into his pendrive. I am not interested to give my personal software and data to my friend. But I am not able to say 'NO' to my friend. So I use this simple trick to prevent  inserting my friend's pendrive into my PC.




If you want to disable the  pen drive on your computer than follows these steps:



Disable Pen drive on a Computer:

1. open Registry Editor [run -> regedit]

open registry editor

After Open Registry Editor following window is visible.

regedit editor window


2. Then goto My computer -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SYSTEM -> CurrentControlSet -> Services -> USBSTOR

disable pendrive path


3. On the Right side Panel Select:

Start-> Right Click -> Modify -> Value Data = 4



Now Your Pendrive is Disabled by Your Computer. If you want to again Enable Pendrive just replace value data 4 to 3. For detail study just read below-

Enable Pen drive on a Computer:

1. open Registry Editor [run -> regedit]

2. My computer -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SYSTEM -> CurrentControlSet -> Services -> USBSTOR

3. On the Right side Panel Select:

Start-> Right Click -> Modify -> Value Data = 3

No comments:

Post a Comment